I hope this information is a blessing to you! One of the joys of this system is that you can have a friend join you and you split Â the bill and meals and share all the fun and laughter of girlfriends in one kitchen! You could teach your children some life skills and spend the day cooking together. Another easy way to make memories!
Having a planned menu is a time saver and a huge budget trimmer! There is a huge blessing to having a full pantry and freezer.
A wise woman will be a good steward with everything God has given her. And she uses all she has to help all those around her.
13 She looks for wool and flax
And works with her hands in delight.
14 She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
15 She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens.
New American Standard Bible: 1995 update. 1995 (Pr 31:13â€“15).Â
Here are some more tips to get you started.
- Double up several meals as you go during the week. Double up your favorite casserole, say lasagna or macaroni and cheese. Serve one and freeze the other. If you do this three times a week, you will have several recipes stored in no time.
- Buy in bulk..especially meats. Hamburger, chop your chicken into bites, make taco meat, etc and serving sizes/recipe sizes in zip lock bags.
- Stock up on sales of veggies and meat.
- Try one new recipe a week. If it is a hit, double it next time!
- If you want to start off with more than one meal at a time, try a two-week plan first. You will find that you will have leftovers and it makes more than you think.
More to come tomorrow!