It is that Season once again! Time to count my blessings!
This year has been a whirlwind and it is only going to get busier. God has been so good even in the midst of turmoil and change. And I hate change. I crave stability but I’m learning, that if I am safe, I am not really growing. If I am content in all things being ‘perfect’ I am not being realistic. I am learning to embrace change.
I had the blessing of attending a prayer breakfast this morning. I was inspired by hearing stories from others who are volunteering their time and energies in serving those in need..not just during this season but all year-long. Isn’t that what true religion is?
27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001). (Jas 1:27). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.
We are re-evaluating our celebrations this year. We are going back to basics. We are focusing on what truly matters.How am I living this life of devotion to the One Who alone is worthy of my devotion? How am I living this out, being the Bible with skin on in front of others? Am I loving others? Am I being grateful? This Thursday, as it should be every day… what are we thankful for…. here’s the beginning of my list
- My Jesus. He has given me true freedom. He is my Life, the Breath that I breathe and the Fount of Living Water and I do not thirst.
- My family. They are all home this week and home. They are all living for Jesus and finding their own calling.
- He has renewed my dreams. I once thought that the path that He chose and I gladly embraced for my life would be the one dream of my life. I had put away the dream of getting a college degree. I had no idea that I would do so many years later and for a completely different direction. He knows the desires of my heart and will continue to mold and shape my dreams.
- My Church. I am blessed to be a part of our local church body. I pray you have a church family to worship and find community with!
- Living in a nation that allows for freedom to worship as I have been called.
What’s on your list?