The Real Proverbs 31 Woman List
I want to encourage you to see yourself as He sees you. You are precious to Him, you are found in His heart to be worth more than rubies 🙂 We have several pre-conceived notion of what she is and how we are to be like her if we are to be like her. Is she an example of what God calls us to be? Have we made too much out of a passage?
Beloved, I am wanting to dig deeper into this woman. Not the surface stuff which we find so divisive because I do not believe that the purpose here. This is more of finding our identity in Christ. There is a larger picture to be drawn. I pray you will join me as I want to take 31 weeks and study this priceless woman! I want to find the REAL PROVERBS 31 WOMAN!
The first thing I do when I want to learn about something is to make a list of what pops out at me at first. My first observations. I am going to make a list of each verse and what I initially see. I am CALLING you all to leave your lists here and we can learn together 🙂
- She is called excellent. Many versions use the word excellent, others would use the word virtuous. Both meaning strong, capable, powerful and intelligent.
- Wife. I want to address this one real quick. Some translations use the word wife but the word is translated also to mean woman. This is not strictly about a wife and mother yet we are wives and mothers. This is also for those who are not married.
- She is of high value.
- She is trustworthy.
- She does good
- She works diligently with her hands, her talents.
- She is industrious
- She is not lazy and rises early in the day.
- She in intelligent with money and produces a product whether in the business world or at home by using wisdom and common sense.
- She takes care of her health and well-being.
- She works into the evening to prepare for the next day. She uses wisdom in her planning.
- She looks outside of her own home and takes care of those who are in need, the least of these. She shares her compassion with other and is an example of Jesus to others.
- She has prepared herself and her family for rough times. She does not allow fear to rule her heart and can remain a strong example for her family and loved ones around her.
- She is dressed in fine linen of His presence. She presents herself with dignity.
- She prepares for the future and cares for all those that Jesus brings into her life.
- She walks in wisdom and in His peace, His perfect love which casts out all fear. She is not afraid of the future.
- Her words are full of His wisdom.
- She is kind.
- She is blessed. She has the good will of those who she serves.
- She walks in grace and dignity and she fears the Lord. She will be praised.
What’s on your list? Come and discuss at Our Online Community your thoughts about the real proverbs 31 woman!