You will need 🙂
- 3 packages of Egg Noodles, cook according to pacakge and drain
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, color of your choice. I use red myself. Mrs A is partial to the green. We have used all three colors, it is all good!
- 1 medium sized jar of green olives. Gram prefers the spanish olives. Cut in half
- 6 regular cans of tomato soup or 3 large cans of tomato soup. Mrs A tends to use Ragu or Preggo( Preggo being first choice) any style. Tradition calls for tomato soup 🙂
- Parmesan Cheese
- Spices… salt and pepper to taste, oregano, garlic
- Worsheshire Sauce
- 2 to 3 pounds of hamburger, cooked with spices and drained.
Add in mixing bowl, cooked hamburger with spices, check and more if you feel more is needed. Add in cooked egg noodles and add remaining ingredients except Parmessean cheese Â which goes on top. Add all to large backing dish and top with cheese. Â Mr A always adds a tbl or two of horseradish. It adds to the flavor .. Mix well and top with cheese. You can also cover with shredded cheddar if you like.
Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 1 and a half. Check for dryness while it’s cooking.
Mrs’s A’s Spaghetti Sauce (See main cookbook page)
2 cans of sliced mushrooms or 1 bag of fresh mushrooms
cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. Your preference
shredded cheese, at least 5 cups .. mozzarella and cheddar
4 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
Ok, cook up Â your noodles as directed on package. Rinse to cool enough to touch. Layer bottom of baking dish with noodles. Then layer sauce, then cottage/ricotta cheese. If you choose spinach, layer now. cover with cheese and repeat. Cover top layer with noodles and sauce and finish with cheese. Cook in oven at 350 degree for 45 minutes. Let set for 15 minutes.
Â Gram’s Meatloaf
2 cans of Contadina Sweet and Sour Sauce
4 lb hamburger
salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste
here you have two options.
1. cheese it crackers, 4 cups and then crumble
2 envelopes of dry onion soup mix
Mix all ingredients together (except one can of sweet and sour sauce). Line a backing dish with foil and spray lightly with Pam. Add mixed hamburger and form a loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hours and 35 minutes. Check it to be sure meat loaf is done in the center. 45 minutes into cooking, pour 1 can of sweet and sour sauce over meat and continue cooking. If there is any liquid fat in the dish, you can spoon it off before adding the sauce. Â Mr A sais a teaspoon of horseradish Â makes everything better 😉
Mrs Rooster’s Meatloaf
This sounds good.
Here is my meatloaf recipe:
diced green pepper
1 can Hunts w/mushrooms
bread crumbs or baby oatmeal
Then I top it with ketchup the last 15-20 minutes
I didn’t include measurements because I don’t measure.Â Plus you can adjust to how much you are making.
I am going to put a link on my blog to your recipe!!Â
Have a blessed day.